- Place an adjustable checking pushrod into the lifter and install one intake and one exhaust rocker arm assembly.
- Be sure the cam is rotated to the base circle.
- Seat the bottom of the adjuster screw into the recess machined in the rocker arm and turn the adjuster screw clockwise 1 to 1-1/2 turns down. This is the initial and optimum adjuster position. Each full turn of the adjuster is approximately .040"
- Insert a feeler gauge on the valve side of the rocker arm to set your desired lash.
- Use the adjustment on the pushrod to determine the correct pushrod length. If your adjustment requires less than 1 full turn or more than 2 turns you with pushrods you have, you will need a different pushrod length to achieve the correct adjustment. Adjusting outside of this 1 to 1-1/2 turn range will cause incorrect geometry and may also damage your rockers.
- Repeat for the other rocker.